deeply missed Bernadette Connolly's daughter pays tribute to late mother on International Women's Day
Tragic Bernadette's funeral is to be held in Swords this week
Bernadette Connolly’s daughter Jade, has paid tribute to her late mother for International Women’s Day.
Sharing a picture of herself and her mother from her 21st Birthday party Jade wrote: “Happy International Women’s Day mam.”
“I will celebrate with you today and everyday.
The 45-year-old was missing since January 7th before her body was discovered on a beach in Blackpool in February, almost two months after she vanished.
Bernadette was last seen on January 7 when she was dropped by taxi at the carpark of the Shoreline Hotel in Donabate and walking towards the entrance to Donabate Beach.
Her last known activity was a photograph taken on her mobile phone of Malahide Bay from the end of Donabate Beach at 12.38pm.
Funeral arrangements for the Swords woman’s were posted online on Saturday.
Bernadette’s funeral mass will take place in St. Cronan’s Church, Brackenstown at 12pm on Wednesday, March 9th followed by cremation at Dardistown Crematorium.
A death notice on RIP.ie states that Bernadette will be “deeply missed” by her friends and family.
The notice reads: “Bernadette Connolly. Taken too soon and deeply missed by her loving daughter Jade, Jade's partner Dillin, her heartbroken parents Patrick and Nuala, brothers Des and Anthony, sister Madeline, brother-in-law, sisters-in-law, nieces, nephews, relatives and friends.
“May she rest In peace. Removal on Wednesday (9th March) to St. Cronan’s Church, Brackenstown arriving for 12pm Mass followed by funeral to Dardistown Crematorium.”
Bernadette’s daughter Jade confirmed that her mum’s body had been found in an emotional Instagram statement last week.
“I write this message with a heavy heart,” she began.
“My family and I have received tragic news that a woman’s body was recovered from a beach in Blackpool, UK, and it's confirmed to be my beloved mam Bernadette Connolly.
“We will always remember her smile, strong character and love. Mam and I have had 30 years together, for that I am grateful, and our memories will live forever.
"This experience has been incredibly difficult for us and we couldn't have done it alone.
"From day one my family and I received so much unconditional and tireless support across the nation and worldwide, for which we can’t express enough gratitude.
“This is a tragedy no family should have to bear, so we ask please that you respect our privacy during this time of grieving.”
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- First case of monkeypox confirmed on the island of Ireland
- Irish man (66) loses memory after day-time sex with wife for SECOND TIME
- Dublin trainer 'in shock' as video captures 17 horses galloping up road after breaking loose
- Grieving mum wants answers after daughter (21) dies from suspected overdose in OAP's house
- Galway hurler Jack Grealish handed two-year ban for driving without insurance
- Spanish cops probe if Irish passenger in 180km/h car chase may have been imitating video game
- The 10 best celeb insults after Rebekah Vardy compared Coleen Rooney to pigeon
- Four arrested and firearm recovered after gardaí raid properties in Finglas, Dublin
- Leeds agree deal for Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson