APPEAL West Belfast woman in her 80s burgled twice in the space of two days
Jewellery was stolen from the woman which had sentimental value
The PSNI have appealed for information after the home of a woman in her 80s was burgled twice in the space of two days.
The latest burglary happened in the early hours of this morning at the property in the Bearnagh Drive area of west Belfast.
The first burglary took place on Monday morning, when an intruder entered the woman’s home at around 11am and stole her handbag from her living room.
The handbag contained a large sum of money, bank cards and gift vouchers.
Then in the early hours of this morning an intruder came into the house, ransacking a bedroom and making off with jewellery with huge sentimental value.
There were no signs of forced entry and the crime was reported to police at around 8.15am.
Detective Sergeant Natalie Ash said: “We are doing all we can to locate the person or persons responsible and we’d appreciate the input of the local community who may be able to provide some information that could result in an arrest.
“The male suspect for the initial burglary (Monday) is described as being in his 40s with dark hair and wearing a blue jacket. He was seen getting into a small grey/silver car which was heading towards the Andersonstown Road.
“This has been an extremely distressing ordeal for the victim and her daughter who has been supporting her mother during this ordeal.
"Our investigation is underway and we would appeal to anyone with any information or who may have noticed any suspicious activity or this man near the Bearnagh Drive area over recent days, to contact us on 101 quoting reference number 240 05/04/22.”
- Lotto players urged to check tickets as Carlow customer scoops €94,772
- Kinahan cartel working with Russian 'FBI' to move drugs across Europe, expert reveals
- Nicola Furlong's family mark 10 years since brutal murder as killer due to walk free
- Three held over Co Down knife murder of Eamonn O’Hanlon released unconditionally
- Lisa Thompson murder: Gardaí make 'significant progress' as funeral to take place Monday
- Liverpool complete signing of highly-rated Fulham teenage forward Fabio Carvalho
- Man Utd confirm Steve McClaren and Mitchell van der Gaag as his assistant coaches
- John Stones claims the joy of title success gets better every year
- Jesse Marsch thinks longer term after getting Leeds over the line
- Hospital staff member is arrested over alleged poisoning after death of infant