fatal incident Man (70s) killed and two others injured in three-car crash in Co Kerry
The driver of one of these vehicles, a man aged in his 70s, later passed away in Tralee General Hospital
A man has died following a car crash in Co Kerry yesterday evening that left two others in hospital.
Gardaí have issued an appeal for witnesses to the fatal road traffic collision that occurred on the N21, in the townland of Knockbrack between Castleisland and Abbeyfeale.
“The collision, which involved three vehicles, occurred at approximately 5.30pm,” gardai said.
“The driver of one of these vehicles, a man aged in his 70s,was taken to Tralee General Hospital to receive treatment for serious injuries. The man later passed away.
“The driver and passenger of the second vehicle were also taken to Tralee General Hospital where they received treatment for non-life-threatening injuries.”
The road remains closed this morning as Forensic Collision Investigators carry out their examination of the scene.
Gardaí in Listowel are appealing to anyone who may have information in relation to this collision to contact them.
“Any road users who were travelling on the N21 between Abbeyfealeand Castleisland yesterday evening between 5.15pm and 5.45pm and who may havecamera footage (including dash cam) is asked to make this available to investigating gardaí,” they said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Listowel Garda Station on 068 50820, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda station.
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Man (40s) arrested in Dublin as part of €660k 'romance fraud' investigation by Gardaí
- Health Minister Stephen Donnelly denies paying for Twitter retweets and likes
- Mother's fury as Santina Cawley's callous killer Karen Harrington offers no explanation
- Local criminal arrested as part of probe into suspected murder of Christy Hall
- Met Éireann predicts sunny spells for many counties with sizzling 17C highs
- Lawyers due to make closing arguments in ‘Wagatha Christie’ libel battle
- CAB case against Kinahan cartel lieutenant Ross Browning to be heard in October
- Two Green TDs suspended for backing Sinn Féin motion on National Maternity Hospital
- Jurgen Klopp has ‘no reason to talk’ to Steven Gerrard before thrilling title climax