road closed Man (40s) seriously injured after van hits ditch near Limerick/Clare border
An ambulance and three fire service units attended the scene
Gardaí have closed a road close to the Limerick-Clare border following a serious road crash this morning in which a man was seriously injured.
The single-vehicle collision occurred just before 10am, between the Old Cratloe Road and Carrig Hill near Meelick.
It’s understood the injured man, in his 40s, was driving a van which left the road and collided with a ditch.
Three units from Limerick City and County Fire Service were alerted to the scene at 9.58am and returned to their base in Limerick city at 12.15pm this afternoon.
A unit from the national ambulance service also attended the scene.
A spokesman at the Garda Press Office said it was not aware of the incident.
More to follow...
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Man (40s) arrested in Dublin as part of €660k 'romance fraud' investigation by Gardaí
- Health Minister Stephen Donnelly denies paying for Twitter retweets and likes
- Mother's fury as Santina Cawley's callous killer Karen Harrington offers no explanation
- Local criminal arrested as part of probe into suspected murder of Christy Hall
- Revealed: Faces of Irish roof scammers who conned elderly Australians out of $434k
- The top 10 moments of the Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney libel trial so far
- Woman left disabled after allegedly contracting disease from parrot secures further €1m payout
- Gisele ‘takes the reins’ when it comes to parenting with husband Tom Brady
- Belfast man who raped woman he met on Tinder in her home handed seven-year sentence