Probe Gardai investigating discovery of young man's body in garden in Cork
The young man was pronounced dead at the scene after Gardai and paramedics raced to the property
Gardai are investigating the discovery of a young man's body in the garden of a Cork property.
The deceased - who is understood to be in his 20s - was discovered in the garden of a house off Dunbar Street in Cork city on Monday morning.
The young man was pronounced dead at the scene after Gardai and paramedics raced to the property.
Gardai said they are keeping an open mind about the matter with the nature of their investigation to be determined by the results of a post mortem examination.
That post mortem examination will be conducted at Cork University Hospital (CUH).
It is unclear precisely how long the young man lay in the garden before he was discovered.
The scene remains sealed off.
However, initial indications are that foul play was not involved.
It is expected that Gardai will prepare a file for the Cork City Coroner on the matter.
- Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss last day of 'Wagatha Christie' trial to go on holiday
- Kinahan cartel: Gardai say 'huge' amount of intelligence coming from underworld figures
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Man (40s) arrested in Dublin as part of €660k 'romance fraud' investigation by Gardaí
- Health Minister Stephen Donnelly denies paying for Twitter retweets and likes
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship