international grief Ashling Murphy's funeral arrangements confirmed as vigils continue across the globe
The funeral mass for Ashling Murphy (23) will take place on Tuesday morning
The funeral mass for Ashling Murphy (23) will take place on Tuesday morning.
Parish priest of Kilcormac and Killoughney, Mount Bolus in Co Offaly, Fr Michael Meade will be the chief celebrant at the mass which will be attended by family and close friends.
According to the arrangements published on RIP.ie: “Ashling will repose in her family home on Sunday from 3pm until 8pm, strictly. Also on Monday from 3pm until 8pm, strictly. Rosary on both nights will take place at 8pm.
"Removal on Tuesday to arrive at St. Brigid's Church, Mountbolus, for Requiem Mass at 11am. Burial afterwards in Lowertown Cemetery, Mountbolus. Family flowers only, please. House strictly private on Tuesday, please,” the notice stated.
It said that Ashling is sadly missed by her “heartbroken” family, dad Raymond, mum Kathleen, brother Cathal, sister Amy, boyfriend Ryan, aunts, uncles, cousins, extended family, neighbours and friends.
Primary school teacher Ms Murphy was murdered at around 4pm last Wednesday as she went for a run alongside the Grand Canal near Tullamore, Co Offaly.
Her death has sparked a wave of nationwide and international grief, leading to hundreds of vigils being held across Ireland and among the Irish diaspora globally.
Vigils will take place in cities as far away as Vancouver today to remember Ashling, and to call for action on violence against women.
Those who would have liked to attend the funeral can view the Mass Live on http://www.memoriallane.ie if people cannot view the main link, they can use back up link https://vimeo.com/event/741550/0a650c8d93
- Irish man arrested in London accused of stealing high-end cars in Dublin and Kildare areas
- Suspected Irish drug dealer who 'fled' Spain three years ago snared by cops in Magaluf
- Coleen and Wayne Rooney miss last day of 'Wagatha Christie' trial to go on holiday
- Kinahan cartel: Gardai say 'huge' amount of intelligence coming from underworld figures
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- What time, channel, team news and all you need to know about Man City v Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp with a warning to Man City as Premier League title race reaches conclusion
- Tennis plunged into civil war as ranking points are stripped from Wimbledon over Russia ban
- Fernandinho ‘really proud’ of achievements as he prepares for City swansong
- No hangover next season if Arsenal miss out on Champions League – Mikel Arteta