KEVIN'S KITCHEN You've seen all my curries...now it's time for the egg fried rice
INGREDIENTS Serves 4
- 250g jasmine or basmati rice
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Fish sauce, to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Extra vegetables of your liking, optional
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Beat the egg with a fork.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and add a little oil.
- Add the white part of the spring onions and carrots and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the rice and season with fish sauce and soy sauce.
- Pour the eggs into the wok or pan and allow to scramble a little. Mix well with the rice.
- Finally, mix in the green part of the spring onions along with the cucumber and chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Download the Sunday World app
- East Cork pub formerly owned by comedian Pat Shortt up for sale
- My homemade raita is a south Asian condiment that is perfect with curries or for dipping
- Curried vegetable samosas in five easy-to-make steps
- Try this gorgeous Indian starter, Saag aloo, which takes just 25 minutes
- Vegetable pakoras are one of my favourite starters and are surprisingly easy to make
- Jurgen Klopp's honest confession as he assesses Liverpool's top four hopes
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer set for DOUBLE reward as Man United prepare to bite back
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool need to improve in bid for top-four finish
- West Ham boss David Moyes looking to be a calmer presence on the touchline
- Sean Dyche: Burnley could have signed James Tarkowski for a snip seven years ago