KEVIN'S KITCHEN Try this gorgeous Indian starter, Saag aloo, which takes just 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 3-4 rooster potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 80g spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, add salt and turmeric and cover with water.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 10-12 minutes until just softened. Remove from the heat and drain in a colander. Keep warm.
- In the meantime, heat the oil or ghee in a large pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the chilli and the curry powder and continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add them and the spinach to the onions. Cook for 2 minutes until the spinach starts to wilt. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.
Download the Sunday World app
- East Cork pub formerly owned by comedian Pat Shortt up for sale
- My homemade raita is a south Asian condiment that is perfect with curries or for dipping
- Curried vegetable samosas in five easy-to-make steps
- Vegetable pakoras are one of my favourite starters and are surprisingly easy to make
- Here is a recipe for delicious onion bhajis
- Four further deaths and 425 new cases of Covid 19 confirmed
- Trucker who imported cannabis worth â‚¬2.2 million jailed for 8 and a half years
- Businessman to raffle off his luxury penhouse apartment in Dublin
- GardaÃÂ set to launch probe over ransomware attack on HSE IT systems
- Nuno Espirito Santo: Iâ€™m proud of the way Wolves have overcome injury problems