HOW TO Quick mid-week Dinners: rustic chicken mozzarella quiche
- 300g gluten-free shortcrust pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken fillets, cut into thin slivers
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 mozzarella balls, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 300ml milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 22cm quiche tin with a removable base. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. In a large pan over a medium heat, drizzle the olive oil, add the chicken pieces and sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the onion, garlic and leek, and sauté for 4-5 minutes until softened. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Spread the chicken filling over the pastry. Add the mozzarella slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper, and pour over the chicken mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until fully cooked.