Quick Bites: Piece of cake
Birthday celebrations are a complete cakewalk thanks to Goyas Bakery in Galway.
Based on Kirwan’s Lane in the city’s Latin Quarter, the renowned cakemakers have been helping customers to mark everything from christenings to 100th birthday parties for the past 30 years with their spectacular creations.
Now, the bakery, which adapted by offering tasty home meals and treats during lockdown, has launched a new range of their signature celebration cakes to mark a return to normality in 2022.
“We have seen so many changes throughout the years and have adapted our business to suit customers’ needs,” says owner and head baker Emer Murray. “Now we are launching our celebration cake collection as we are ready to be together and truly celebrate life.”
The show-stopping desserts, from €32.50, include a chocolate gateaux and vanilla orange sprinkle cake. See goyas.ie.
Have you got foodie news we should know about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huge boost for Liverpool as injury update on Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk is released
- Mikel Arteta admits ‘it’s not easy’ to defend Arsenal display in Newcastle loss
- Johnny Depp fulfilling promise that Amber Heard ‘will never see his eyes again’
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Newcastle victory dents Arsenal’s hopes of Champions League spot