Quick Bites: Keep it reel
The farm to fork movement has been a real game-changer when it comes to making more ethical choices at dinnertime. Now you can track your favourite fish dish from ‘pond to plate’ too.
To highlight the importance of responsible fishing practices, Donegal Catch has launched new QR code packaging for their range of fish caught off the Irish coast. Simply scan the code with your phone to find out exactly where the Irish haddock and whiting was sourced.
Families will also meet the fishermen who help get the freshest fish from the sea to the supermarket and learn more about Irish fishing zones thanks to the interactive codes on products incuding Craft Cider Battered Atlantic Haddock Fillets (€5 for 2). The healthy and handy range, oven-cooked in no time, also features Breaded Whiting (€5.50 for 4) and Salt & Vinegar Haddock Bites (€5).
Watch for the new packaging in supermarkets nationwide or see donegalcatch.ie for more.
- Have you got foodie news we should know about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship