Quick bites: Give ‘em a fry
THERE are two types of people in the world: fat chips people and skinny fries people. We’re firmly #TeamFries after sampling the newest potato product from Mash Direct.
Made with farm fresh spuds, the award-winning County Down brand’s new Skinny Fries oven cook from chilled faster than you can collect a takeaway, in just 15-20 minutes.
Prepared immediately after harvesting to lock in the vegetable’s goodness, the home-grown potatoes are thinly cut, coated in a light crispy batter and fried for crunchy-on-the-outside-fluffy-on-the-inside perfection.
Like the rest of Mash Direct’s veg range, which incudes Cauliflower Bites and Beer Battered Onion Rings, the product is 100pc gluten-free, as well as being free from artifical colourings and flavourings. Priced €2.49 for 250g (two servings), find the Skinny Fries in selected retailers nationwide now. Check out the full range at mashdirect.com.
- Have you got foodie news we should know about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gardai appeal after man (50s) killed in steam roller incident in Co Monaghan
- Doctor who sexually assaulted two young men at Naas General Hospital later fled Ireland
- Wife-beating loyalist burst into tears over fear of attacks after prison move
- American tourist quoted €10k to rent car in Ireland says 'I could ship own car here and back'
- Tralee stabbing: Man released without charge as victim named locally