Spooky bakes Halloween baking with Kevin Dundon: Easy chocolate melt
We always look forward to Halloween in the Dundon household- the schools are on mid-term break and it's a great chance for all the family to catch up with each other and get busy in the kitchen!
This year, celebrating will be a bit different. There'll be no trick or treating or party games, such as bobbing apples, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the occasion - we just need to be more careful.
In our house, we will have a movie night with our delicious decorated cookies and brownies, and we will create a Halloween scavenger hunt in the house and garden, using torches to seek out the hidden treasures. We will also be carving pumpkins - imaginations can run wild with decorations. To make sure you've a good selection of sweets and biscuits to choose from, here is a ghoulish goodie for you to whip up in the kitchen for your little monsters.
INGREDIENTS makes 4
- 4 chocolate slabs (approx 100g)
- 200g chocolate biscuits
- 100g mixed sweets
- Preheat the oven set to grill. Have your chocolate biscuits and sweets ready in a bowl.
- Place the chocolate slabs on parchment paper and onto a baking tray. Place in the oven for 30-45 seconds and remove the baking tray. Carefully, but quickly, place the sweets and biscuits on the chocolate slabs and return to the oven under the grill for another 20-30 seconds to help melt the sweets into the chocolate. Be careful not to melt the chocolate too much or burn the sweets.
- Remove from the oven and leave at room temperature for 1 hour to set, or 20 minutes in the fridge.
- With a small knife, break the filled chocolate slabs into bits. Store in a airtight container.