Grape Spy: Jean Smullen
Say Ciao to Centra’s Italian wine sale. They have selection of quality Italian red and white wines as well as a selection of sparkling wines, all on offer this month, in their stores, nationwide.
Grifòn Prosecco Frizzante €11.99
Everyone one loves wine with bubbles. Prosecco Frizzante is a lightly sparkling wine from northern Italy that goes with every kind of food.
This well-made, softer style of Prosecco has an ABV of 11.5pc and will be a great wine to serve as an apéritif for your Easter get togethers. Lovely pear and stone fruit flavours with delicate bubbles. Look out for the five-day WOW €7.00 offer in Centra for Grifòn Prosecco Frizzante and the Grifòn Frizzante Rosé from 14th – 18th April.
2021 San Valentino Pinot Grigio €15.99
The second most popular white grape with Irish wine lovers is this one, Pinot Grigio. This lovely fresh wine with a romantic name, comes from Italy and is on offer this month in Centra for €7.00.
The grape they use to make the wine, is French where they call it Pinot Gris, in Italy that translates as Pinot Grigio, and the Italian name is the one most people recognise. This is a lovely floral wine with flavours of dried apricot and peach. Serve with pepperoni pizza for a mid-week treat.
- Killer who assaulted barrister during murder trial can't find lawyer for his appeal
- Aaron Brady trial transcripts posted on Facebook by his dad will be removed, court told
- Weekend of fun in the sun in store as temperatures to soar to 20C
- Trial halted as mum accused of murder and attempted murder of sons changes plea to guilty
- Brazilian woman found dead in Dublin apartment had been decapitated, inquest told