Grape Spy: Jean Smullen
O’Brien’s annual French Wine Sale starts tomorrow, April 4th and runs until May 2nd, with great offers for those who love French wine.
2020 Jean-Marc Brocard AOP Chablis €28.95
The O’Brien’s French sale includes this superb white from the Chablis region in Northern France. A family estate run by O’Brien’s Jean Marc and his son Julien; they are pioneers of organic wine production in the region. Chablis is made from the Chardonnay grape but the chalk soil and cool climate, means it is very fresh and zippy.
This top-quality Chablis has lovely green apple flavours and fresh citrus acidity. On offer for €21.95, this is the perfect wine to serve with Sushi or Goats Cheese salad.
2020 Porta 6 €12.95
This wine comes from the region of Lisboa in Portugal. This Atlantic coastal region is not unlike the west coast of Ireland, except that the vine grows here. Porta 6 is made from three native Portuguese red grapes Aragonês, Castelão and Touriga Nacional. It has oodles of juicy plum fruit flavours and a lovely freshness.
On offer in O’Brien’s at €10 until 8th April, serve with a rich pork stew for a typical Portuguese food and wine experience.
- Check out jeansmullen.com
- Face of man (23) on drugs and crime proceeds charges after Finglas arrest this week
- Gardai seize car in Dublin after discovering tax was six years out of date
- Bonnie Ryan shares moving video of brother Elliott leading her into church on wedding day
- Vogue Williams reveals how she and Brian McFadden divided up all their possessions
- Derek 'Del Boy' Hutch did u-turn after spotting cops before he crashed into Ukranian refugee