Grape Spy: Jean Smullen
Now that Spring has just about arrived, we look for lighter styles of wines to enjoy. We recommend this sparkling Italian Rosé and everyone’s favourite grape, Sauvignon Blanc.
2021 Wither Hills Two Tracks Sauvignon. Blanc €14.00
New Zealand Savvy is one of THE most sought-after wines on the Irish market. Everyone loves the style. Wither Hills is located under the Wither Hills the mountain range that acts as a border to the Marlborough region.
Although Sauvignon Blanc is grown throughout New Zealand, the province of Marlborough is its undisputed heartland. This wine has a zingy acidity and flavours of grapefruit and lime zest enjoy this with fish and chips. Available nationwide.
Maschio Prosecco Pinot Rosa Frizzante (3 Pack) €13.00
Maschio have a handy three pack of Rosé Prosecco that you can buy nationwide. Made from a blend of Pinot Blanco and Pinot Nero grown in the Vento region of Northern Italy.
Rosé Prosecco has light bubbles and tons of strawberry fruit flavours and goes well with so many food styles. In the Veneto region, when they serve Risotto, they make a little well in the middle of the dish and pour Prosecco into it, trust me it’s utterly delish.
For wine events, see jeansmullen.com
- Huge boost for Liverpool as injury update on Mohamed Salah and Virgil van Dijk is released
- Mikel Arteta admits ‘it’s not easy’ to defend Arsenal display in Newcastle loss
- Johnny Depp fulfilling promise that Amber Heard ‘will never see his eyes again’
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Newcastle victory dents Arsenal’s hopes of Champions League spot