HOW TO Easy weekend dinners: Thai Red Prawn Curry
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 100ml water
- 3 tbsp Thai Gold Red Curry Paste (GF)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3-4 carrots, cut into pieces
- 1 sweet potato, cut into pieces
- 2 red peppers, chopped into pieces
- 20 raw king prawns
- 1 tbsp GF fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- zest of 1 lime
- 2-3 tbsp basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- steamed rice, to serve
- In a large saucepan, bring the coconut milk, water, red curry paste and honey to a simmer. Add the carrots, sweet potato and red pepper to the pan and allow to cook for 15-16 minutes until the carrots are tender and fully cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Add the prawns and continue simmering for 3-5 minutes until cooked fully.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fish sauce, tamari sauce, lime zest and basil leaves.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.