HOW TO Easy weekend dinners: Savory shoulder of pork with curry and anchovy paste
- 2-3kg pork shoulder, bone-in
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 150g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 250g gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush the pork with oil and season well.
- In a bowl, combine the curry paste and anchovies. Rub the paste mixture over the pork and place the joint of pork on to an ovenproof dish.
- Transfer to the oven for 30 minutes, then cover with foil and reduce the heat to 150C and cook for a further 2½-3 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to rest on a board for about 5-10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, use two forks to shred the meat into pieces.
- While the pork is roasting, prepare the sides. To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the onion. Sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened and translucent but not coloured.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into a large bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and herbs to the bowl and stir to combine well.
- Transfer the breadcrumb stuffing into a ceramic dish, cover with tin foil and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.