HOW TO Easy weekend dinners: Creamy potato pie with garlic and parsley touch
- 500g potatoes (about 2 potatoes), very thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 200ml cream
- Gluten-free plain flour, for dusting
- 400g ready-prepared gluten-free shortcrust pastry (see recipe on p24)
- Egg wash, made with 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tsp milk
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Place the potatoes, garlic, parsley and some salt and pepper into a saucepan and pour in the cream. Cook over a moderate heat for about 10 minutes until the potato has softened slightly.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry and cut out a circle about 8cm (3in) wider than the top of your pie dish.
- Pour the potato mixture into your pie dish. Brush the egg wash over the top and around the edges of the dish, then cover with the pastry. Press to secure it, then brush with more egg wash.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the pastry is light and golden.