HOW TO Easy lunches: Warm caesar salad
- 6 bacon rashers or prosciutto
- 100g gluten-free bread, cut into croutons
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
- 100g (20g+80g) Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 egg yolks
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 cos lettuce, washed
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and fry the bacon until crisp. Add the gluten-free croutons and cook until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel to absorb any excess grease. Allow to cool before breaking the bacon into shards.
- Using a pestle and mortar or a small hand blender, blend together the crushed garlic, salt, anchovies and 20g grated Parmesan to make a thick paste. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Add the mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and egg yolks. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until a light, stable dressing is achieved. Check the seasoning.
- Assemble the salad leaves on the plate, then add the croutons and bacon pieces. Sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan over the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce.