HOW TO Easy lunches: Couscous beetroot salad
- 200g gluten-free couscous/ quinoa
- 200g beetroot, cooked and diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 butterhead lettuce
- 400g vegetable stock
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the couscous following the pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl toss the chickpeas, beetroot, shallots, garlic and honey with olive oil and seasoning.
- Add the cooled couscous. Drizzle the lemon juice, add the salad leaves and toss together.
- Check the seasoning. Keep covered until ready to serve or put in the fridge overnight.
- Haagen-Dazs announce new Irish whiskey flavoured ice-cream
- The off-grid Carlow castle that mixes luxury with a homely feel
- Heinz and Wowburger bring red tomato ketchup burger to restaurants
- Dublin cafĂ© goes viral for asking customers not to pay with 'soggy bra money' during heatwave
- Happy Pear twins David and Stephen Flynn know 'we're Marmite' as they turn 40
- Gardai seize cannabis worth â‚¬460,000 after stopping car on M9 motorway
- Gardai issue fresh warning about dangers of cannabis jellies following Dublin seizure
- Doireann Garrihy enjoys Roman holiday with boyfriend Paddy
- Pep Guardiola praises versatile Phil Foden after Manchester City sink Brighton
- Kodaline front man Steve Garrigan's new book nominated for a prestigious award