Recipe Delicious raspberry curd mousse with zingy lemon zest
- 200g raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 50ml water
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 large eggs
- 60g butter, cubed
- 500ml cream
- In a saucepan over a low heat, warm the raspberries with 50ml water for 2 minutes to release their juices. Remove from the heat. Using a handheld blender, blitz the mixture to a fine purée and pass it through a fine sieve to catch any woody pieces and seeds.
- Next, in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, add the fruit purée, lemon zest and juice, caster sugar, cornflour and eggs.
- Whisk continuously, by hand, for 8-10 minutes until it thickens. Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the butter, cube by cube, until fully combined. Sieve again into a bowl. Leave to cool for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When cooled, whip the cream in a large bowl to a soft stage, add half of the raspberry curd and gently fold the curd with the cream.
- Drizzle some raspberry curd into the serving glasses and swirl to coat the base of each glass. Add the raspberry mousse and decorate with fresh raspberries.
- Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.