Recipe Baked cheesecake chocolate bites
This recipe makes 15-25 bites.
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
- 225g gluten-free biscuits
- 70g butter, melted and cooled
FOR THE FILLING
- 450g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 eggs (100g, weighed out of shell) at room temperature
- 20g cornflour
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut or walnut oil
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Then line an 8in square baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a food processor (or using a rolling pin and a clean towel), pulse the biscuits until finely crushed. Add the melted butter and combine well. Press the mixture firmly over the base of the prepared tin. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Prepare the filling. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese, caster sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and cornflour and beat until smooth and fully combined. Pour the filling on top of the prepared crust.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until just set. The filling is set when it does not jiggle more than a tiny bit in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for about 20-30 minutes. Then, wrap the tin with cling film and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours to set.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl over simmering water, melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil. Keep aside, just warm, so that it will be runny enough when needed.
- When the cheesecake is iced and set, remove from the freezer and slice into bite-sized 2-3cm square pieces. Quickly dip each piece into the cool — but not set — chocolate and place on a serving dish. Then place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Serve these cheesecake bites within a day.
- Fine Gael senator accused of assault allegedly told man's wife 'you're coming with me'
- Cambridge college seeks to install 12ft memorial to codebreaker Alan Turing
- Katie Price warned she faces jail for breaching restraining order
- Charlie Bird has 'mad idea' to raise money through parachute jump with Mick McCarthy
- Katie Price admits breaching restraining order against ex-husband’s fiancee