KEVIN'S KITCHEN A mouth watering Thai vegetable yellow curry recipe to be made at home
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4):
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3-4 tsp Thai yellow curry paste
- 1cm fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 small red chilli
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Â˝ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, optional
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh coriander, to serve
- Basmati rice, to serve
- In a saucepan, melt the coconut oil with the onions and garlic, then cook for 2 minutes to soften.
- Add the yellow curry paste, ginger, chilli and pour in the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Add some soy sauce, to season.
- Bring to the boil, then add the cauliflower florets, green pepper and chickpeas, if using. Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened. Remove from the heat, check the seasoning and add a squeeze of lime.
- Serve immediately with basmati rice and some fresh coriander.
Download the Sunday World app
- East Cork pub formerly owned by comedian Pat Shortt up for sale
- My homemade raita is a south Asian condiment that is perfect with curries or for dipping
- Curried vegetable samosas in five easy-to-make steps
- Try this gorgeous Indian starter, Saag aloo, which takes just 25 minutes
- Vegetable pakoras are one of my favourite starters and are surprisingly easy to make
- Jess Redden shares emotional post about under-eating and her weight gain journey
- â‚¬200k â€śrestrainedâ€ť in financial accounts as CAB raid seven properties in relation to organised crime group
- Dad of three children who died violently says he is 'distraught' that they still cannot be named despite change to law
- Conor McGregor brands former foe Floyd Mayweatherâ€™s altercation with Jake Paul as â€śembarrassingâ€ť
- Former millionaire property developer to be charged over theft and money laundering offences