Head for the frills
Get set for sunshine in these bright and flattering frills from Irish fashion hero Carraig Donn, writes Caoimhe Young
MY little girl made her spring debut in yellow trainers, the cutest hat and a short blue skirt and declared: “My legs, look they are bare mammy.”
Well Carraig Donn has been around way longer than my teeny fashion fan Laragh (5), in fact the Irish store is with us since 1965, and is encouraging that Sixties hemline.
If you find yourself digging into the back of your wardrobe for the maxi, now that summer is flirting with us, take a step back. Legs do take prep, little Laragh’s legs not so much, but Carraig Donn’s brights are worth it.
With beautiful shades to bring out your skin’s good glow, hemlines are moving up those legs with a kick of frill to flatter your pins. The midi is still a strong player because of its diversity to be dressed up and down but the same rules apply to a higher hem surely?
Short dresses looks heavingly with a cute mule, lace-up heels or white trainers. Dance into those summer picnics and terrace tipples in sunny shades of pinks and green at carraigdonn.ie.
- James Milner issues warning as Liverpool's Premier League title challenge goes to final day
- Jurgen Klopp likens Liverpool squad strength to having ‘Ferraris in the garage’
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Bogus Irish and British roofers jailed for scamming elderly in Australia out of $434k
- Liverpool take title race to the final day with comeback victory at Southampton