Bold and beautiful
100-year-old fashion icon Iris Apfel is due to release a collaboration with H&M and it’s fabulous, writes Denise Smith
A master of bold and eclectic fashion choices, this season it’s time to take style notes from someone who has a century of style behind her — the inspirational Iris Apfel.
The 100-year-old self-made fashion designer and all-round icon, is famous for her stand-out style, fierce individuality, daring fashion choices and creative designs. So is it any wonder that the centenarian has announced her global collaboration with H&M.
Inspired by Iris’ eye-catching style and unique flair, the Iris Apfel x H&M collection includes a stunning assortment of unique designs that dares people to step out of their comfort zone.
Swoon over colorful coordinating sets, floral suits, tiered ruffle dresses and bright printed dresses, featuring a mix of textures, interesting cuts and patterns. A jewellery and accessory line has also been inspired by Iris’s layered look and love of chunky statement.
But most importantly, all materials used in the collection are recycled, or more sustainably sourced and each garment and accessory has been made with circularity in mind.
- Shocking images reveal how nurse was mutilated after 'bargain deal' tummy tuck in Turkey
- Actress and comic Judi Love is adding ‘style queen’ to her CV with new range for women of all sizes
- Irish ecopreneur Ben Breslin isn’t sweating the small stuff after launching his own deodorant
- In the Style Dock: Olivia Palermo
- #nofilter by Denise Smith
- Kinahan cartel criminal admits role in feud murder of Noel 'Duck Egg' Kirwan
- Senator found not guilty of assaulting man during brawl outside Louth pub
- Man (33) pleads guilty to possession of handgun used to shoot Sinead Connolly
- Claire Byrne reveals she is leaving her RTE TV show after seven years on air
- Country star Cliona Hagan shares stunning wedding photos of her and new husband Simon Sheerin