new beer buzz Budweiser's new zero carb lager promises lager fans chance to cut down dreaded beer gut
'This means that it could be more suitable for people with diabetes looking for a lower carb intake, or those who are trying to watch their calorie intake and lose weight'
A new beer that has zero carbohydrates and just 80 calories per can promises lager drinkers the buzz of Budweiser with the dreaded beer gut.
It took Budweiser 10 years to develop its “brewing breakthrough” Bud Light Next that will be lighter in alcohol at 4% ABV than its flagship Budweiser at 4.5% that also contains 145 calories and around 10.6 grams of carbs.
Although it will initially be only available in the USA, Budweiser marketing vice-president Andy Goeler said they are pushing the beer category to new heights with the launch of Bud Light Next.
“Today's consumers are all about breaking barriers, being trailblazers and setting their own path.
“We are proud to introduce this new, super crisp beer, which is brewed to meet their evolving taste preferences.”
Since it was first introduced to the UK in 2017 the Bud Light brand was has become one of Britain's top-selling lagers.
Last year it was the official beer of the England men's football team for the Euros.
Standard Budweiser first went on sale in the UK in 1984.
Diet expert and nutritionist Annemarie Aburrow, of expertdietitian.co.uk, said the tipple could help drinkers looking to cut the beer gut.
She said: “The majority of calories in traditional beer comes from the carbohydrates, most of which come from the malt.
“The launch of Bud Light Next sounds exciting because it contains zero carbs and is lower calorie than its competitors.
“This means that it could be more suitable for people with diabetes looking for a lower carb intake, or those who are trying to watch their calorie intake and lose weight.”
- Irish man (66) loses memory after day-time sex with wife for SECOND TIME
- Ex Tyrone GAA ace Mickey Coleman's heart flatlined three times...but he survived
- Mum suffering so badly from chronic pain she 'doesn't know how much more she can take'
- Dear Angela: Girlfriend wants sex on the beach but I'm freaking out
- American tourist quoted €10k to rent car in Ireland says 'I could ship own car here and back'
- Fine Gael Senator accused of assault says man attacked him 'like a boxer', court told
- George Nkencho’s relatives sue Garda Commissioner over impact of fatal shooting
- Revealed: Face of neighbour-from-hell jailed for 66 months for terrorising housing estate
- Man Utd chief executive says action being taken to address supporter concerns
- Conor McGregor and Dee Devlin look the part as they rock up to Elvis premiere after party