FROCK ON Dear Angela: Should I tell my husband I know he’s a cross-dresser?
'My husband (32) has a secret Instagram account where he posts as a cross-dresser. My cousin found it weeks ago'
My husband (32) has a secret Instagram account where he posts as a cross-dresser. My cousin found it weeks ago but he wasn’t sure whether he should tell me or not.
Anyway, now I know. There are dozens of images of my husband posing in dresses and lingerie, wearing jewellery, make-up and nail polish.
At first I was a bit shocked, not because I have anything against cross-dressing, but simply because I had no idea that my husband is into it.
In most of the pictures he looks really good, sexy even. I’ve thought about this a lot, and I came to the conclusion that I’m ok with my husband’s feminine side. I just wish he wouldn’t hide it from me.
Do you think he’s afraid it would scare me off?
Answer: That’s well possible. Although it’s perfectly OK to wear whatever clothes you feel good and comfortable in, many men who cross-dress are afraid it might scare their partner off so they keep it secret.
Have a good chat with your husband. Tell him that you’ve seen his Instagram pictures and let him know how you feel about them. Assure him that he looks good — and sexy — and that you’re perfectly ok with this side of him. You can encourage him to be more open and confident about it.
- Dear Angela: Fiancée wants me to get rid of old sexy pics of my first girlfriend
- Dear Maura: Should I leave my wife for ex?
- Dear Angela: My boyfriend broke up with me over one night of boring sex
- Dear Angela: We sleep together every night but my girlfriend masturbates non-stop
- Dear Maura: I fear anxiety without my dad
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship