Bad vibes Ask Dr Angela: My new boyfriend feels threatened by my XXL vibrators
"My new boyfriend (37) is OK with these fun toys, but he hates all my XXL-sized vibrators. He wants me to dump them because they make him feel small"
Sort your sexual problems with honest and practical tips from Dr Angela Brokmann
Dear Angela: I (42) bought my first vibrator when I was 19, and every year since I added another five or six to my collection. When word got around that I was collecting, people started giving me fun toys for my birthdays and for Christmas, like a tiny lipstick vibrator, or the famous rabbit vibrator.
My new boyfriend (37) is OK with these fun toys, but he hates all my XXL-sized vibrators. He wants me to dump them because they make him feel small. I don’t want to throw them out.
They’re my favourites and although I don’t use them now that I’m in a relationship, I might need them again in the future.
The problem is that my boyfriend has threatened to leave me if I don’t throw them out. We only met three weeks ago and I don’t want to lose him so soon. Should I give in and dump my sex toys?
Answer: No. Don’t throw out your sex toys for a man you just met.
If you don’t use your vibrators while you’re in a relationship, store them in a safe place for the moment, but make it unmistakably clear that you will keep your collection.
After seeing your XXL vibrators your new boyfriend probably feels a bit insecure in the size department, so assure him that you’re happy with him and his equipment.
Email your problems to
Dr Angela Brokmann email@example.com
Maura O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org
All pictures are posed by models
- Dear Angela: Girlfriend wants sex on the beach but I'm freaking out
- Dear Maura: I feel taken for granted at home
- Dear Angela: Fiancée wants me to get rid of old sexy pics of my first girlfriend
- Dear Maura: Should I leave my wife for ex?
- Dear Angela: My boyfriend broke up with me over one night of boring sex
- Killer who assaulted barrister during murder trial can't find lawyer for his appeal
- Aaron Brady trial transcripts posted on Facebook by his dad will be removed, court told
- Weekend of fun in the sun in store as temperatures to soar to 20C
- Trial halted as mum accused of murder and attempted murder of sons changes plea to guilty
- Brazilian woman found dead in Dublin apartment had been decapitated, inquest told