SEX TALK Ask Dr Angela: My friend enjoyed our kiss but I didn't, now it's ruining our friendship
Open-minded and practical, Dr Angela Brokmann has answered the nation's sex problems for 18 years. Here, she answers your dilemmas.
A couple of months ago I (28) made out with a girl who's been my best friend since college. We share a flat with our boyfriends, but the guys were away that night so we decided to have a girlie evening in.
We watched a romantic movie, shared a bottle of wine and cuddled on the couch. Halfway through the movie my friend confessed that she can't stop wondering what it would be like to kiss me.
I told her to stop messing but she said she's serious, and then she started crying. I felt so bad that I instinctively hugged her, and then I thought what the heck, I'm going to kiss her and see how it goes.
I kissed her on the lips but I didn't like it, there was no spark whatsoever.
But my friend felt differently, she said it was the best kiss of her life, and now she's crushing on me big time.
She hopes that one day I'll love her back but that's not going to happen.
I just don't have the heart to tell her. I don't know what to do. This is ruining our friendship.
If you are sure about your feelings then don't let this situation drag on any longer. Talk to your friend; tell her you love her as a friend but you can't be more. Explain your feelings.
Don't be afraid to hug and console your friend when she gets upset - that's what friends do for each other. But don't go any further; don't kiss again just to make your friend feel better. Keep it strictly at a friendly level, no more, otherwise you'd only give your friend false hope and that wouldn't be fair on her.
- Have you got a dilemma? Get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Sunday World app
Latest Ask the Experts
- Ask Dr Angela: Will giving oral sex ruin my diet?
- Dear Maura: My husband wants to move out of home to sort out his issues
- Ask Dr Angela: My girlfriend found my sex mags and now we're not speaking
- Ask Dr Angela: I'm worried my boyfriend's penis won't fit
- Ask Dr Angela: My husband doesn't like it when I give him oral sex, what am I doing wrong?
- Ugandaâ€™s opposition candidate says military has entered his home
- Adults who groom children into crime face up to five yearsâ€™ jail
- Dutch PM and Cabinet quit over child welfare payments scandal
- Jose Mourinho says Spurs have not discussed Gareth Baleâ€™s future
- Danny Drinkwater poised to join Turkish club Kasimpasa on loan