SEX TALK Ask Dr Angela: My boyfriend plays sex games online, does this count as cheating?
Open-minded and practical, Dr Angela Brokmann has answered the nation's sex problems for 18 years. Here, she answers you dilemmas.
My boyfriend (29) spends all day at his laptop. He says he's working, or checking the news and sport, but he never lets me look at the screen so I became suspicious. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I checked the laptop to see what he's really up to and it looks like he plays online sex games. He claimed it's all harmless and that it has nothing to do with our relationship, but I disagree; I don't want him to play sex games with other people. I know that our sex life is not the most exciting, but cheating online can't be the solution.
ANGELA SAYS: Online sex games don't necessarily involve other people; it's possible that your boyfriend just plays by himself. There is a huge variety of harmless sex games on the internet, from funny ones to virtual sex and fetish play.
These games allow people to live out their sexual fantasies without physical contact and without cheating on their partner. So don't be too harsh with your boyfriend - at least not until you know what exactly he's up to. Talk to him and encourage him to show you what he's doing. If it is, indeed, harmless, it shouldn't be a big deal.
If you're not comfortable with his games and want him to stop, try to find other ways of making his and your sex life more exciting. It's the most promising recipe to keep your man away from online sex adventures.
- Have you got a dilemma? Get in touch! Email email@example.com.
- Ask Dr Angela: Is my older woman just using me for sex?
- Ask Dr Angela: My husband is watching porn again and Iâ€™m furious
- Ask Dr Angela: Is my beautiful young online girlfriend a catfish?
- Ask Dr Angela: My wife is unhappy with her body, would a swinger's club help?
- Ask Dr Angela: My one-night stand proved my husband is no good in bed
- Mikel Arteta hails â€˜superbâ€™ Emile Smith Rowe after win over Aston Villa
- Orkney-based artist wins prestigious award for tapestry
- Interim boss Graeme Jones wants to see Newcastle performance off â€˜Richter scaleâ€™
- Sean Dyche has â€˜something specialâ€™ â€“ Ralph Hasenhuttl
- Pep Guardiola not thinking about revenge as Man City prepare for Brighton return