SEX TALK Ask Dr Angela: I haven't slept with a man in months, I prefer playing with myself
Open-minded and practical, Dr Angela Brokmann has answered the nation's sex problems for 18 years. Here, she answers your dilemmas.
Although I (31) haven't slept with a man since March I can honestly say that I have a happy sex life. I masturbate once or twice a week; it's usually well planned and I always have a good time. Sometimes I have a romantic bubble bath by candle light and with a waterproof vibrator for company. Or I touch myself while watching a romantic movie. When I'm in a more adventurous mood I masturbate in my car or under a blanket on my balcony. I'm happy the way things are, but my friends think I'm crazy.
They can't understand that I rather have fun by myself than mess around with guys I don't really fancy.
They find the whole masturbation thing weird; most of the girls claim they don't do it at all, and only one admitted that she does it the odd time, but only when she's desperate. They even felt uncomfortable talking about it. Is what I'm doing really that strange?
No. Most girls masturbate at least the odd time, usually in their own home, but it happens in other places as well. For example, one out of ten women has done it in a car.
But masturbation is still one of those things that even the closest friends usually don't talk about in detail. You are more open and kinky-minded than the average girl, but that's fine. And it's admirable to plan ahead and enjoy masturbation in romantic or kinky settings; it beats quick relief under the sheets.
- Have you got a dilemma? Get in touch! Email email@example.com.
Download the Sunday World app
- Michael Verney Opinion The gap between Dublin and the rest of the country must be fairly addressed
- How Edinson Cavani sets standards for others to follow at United
- Teenager dies and two injured following stabbing in Dublinâ€™s north inner city
- 'I love Mick. He took a chance on bringing me here' - Jack Byrne on McCarthy's exit
- Roy Curtis Opinion Paul Mannion's departure is the equivalent of Da Vinci walking away from his easel halfway through the Mona Lisa