SEX TALK Ask Dr Angela: I caught my boyfriend sniffing my underwear, is he a pervert?
Open-minded and practical, Dr Angela Brokmann has answered the nation's sex problems for 18 years. Here, she answers your dilemmas.
When I (26) was tidying up my boyfriend's bedside locker the other day I found a pair of knickers mixed in with his boxer shorts.
The knickers were worn, but when I got over the initial shock of finding them I realised that at least they were mine.
The big question is, what is he doing with my worn knickers? The only explanation that makes sense to me is that he's sniffing them, but for some reason I don't think my boyfriend is a pervert. Or is he?
Sniffing their loved ones' knickers doesn't make people perverts - many guys and girls keep a piece of their partner's underwear because they find the smell soothing, attractive or arousing. It can help you to feel a bit closer to your partner when they're not around. And that's perfectly fine.
It's also possible that your boyfriend has no intention to ever sniff your knickers; maybe they're just a keepsake that reminds him of a good night with you. For whatever reason he keeps them, it's ok and no big deal.
Download the Sunday World app
- Five arrested after garda car rammed during pursuit in Co Donegal
- Adele marks tenth anniversary of the release of her hit album '21'
- 'The White Tiger' is a roaring success
- Jurgen Klopp finds silver linings as Manchester United continue Liverpool's FA Cup misery
- Gardai and prison staff should be prioritised in vaccine roll-out, representative groups claim