road tragedy Teenage girl (17) dies in hospital following Co Donegal crash last week
Gardaí have issued an appeal to any person who may have witnessed the collision to contact them
A teenage girl who was injured in a crash in Co Donegal last week has died.
The 17-year-old was taken to Letterkenny University Hospital with serious injuries following the road traffic collision on Sunday, May 1, at Meenformal, Glen, Carraig Airt, Co Donegal.
The collision, which involved a single car occurred at approximately 9.15pm.
The girl was later transferred to Beaumont Hospital where she tragically died on Monday evening (May 9).
Gardaí have issued an appeal to any person who may have witnessed the collision to contact them.
“Any road users who were travelling in the area at this time and who have camera (including dash cam) footage, are asked to make this available to investigating gardaí,” they said.
Anyone with information can contact Milford Garda Station on 074 915 3060, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.
- Three men quizzed by detectives following major drug seizure in East Belfast
- Saoirse Ronan is back in black for Cannes red carpet with boyfriend Jack Lowden
- Police take down gang that had smuggled drugs into Ireland hidden in Leen Bakker furniture
- Irish soccer heroes presented with medals by President Michael D Higgins on Late Late Show
- Revealed: Face of Irishman jailed in UK for raping woman he met on Plenty of Fish
- Derry Girls and Peaky Blinders star joins tens of thousands on Irish language rights protest
- Scottish drug trafficker used help of former cop to smuggle €8m worth drugs into Ireland
- Mother claims ‘I had to take matters into my own hands’ after accusing man of abusing son
- Downton Abbey's Maggie Smith and Ozark's Laura Linney spotted filming new movie in Dublin
- Hotel pays €5,000 compo for Travelling community woman over 'illogical' wedding discrimination