dream come true One winner claims tonight’s €19m must-win lotto jackpot after matching six numbers
The jackpot has not been won since back in June, but was capped at just over €19 in early October
There was one winner of tonight’s must-win €19,060,800 lotto jackpot.
The jackpot numbers for Saturday night’s National Lottery draw were: 2, 9, 16, 30, 37, 40 with a bonus number of 23.
The €1m Lotto Plus 1 jackpot numbers were: 5, 9, 16, 27, 33, 41 (bonus 12).
The €250,000 Lotto Plus 2 jackpot numbers were: 6, 11, 19, 23, 26, 44 (bonus 16).
The winning raffle number was 9398.
Virgin Media reporter Gavan Reilly tweeted that it was the first time in 63 draws, someone matched all six numbers - joking 'the streak is over'.
ONE WINNER of the €19m Lotto jackpot - for the first time in 63 draws, someone matched all six numbers.— Gavan Reilly (@gavreilly) January 15, 2022
The jackpot had not been won since June, and was capped at €19.06 million since early October.
A National Lottery spokesperson said: “The €19,060,800 Lotto jackpot has officially been won by a player who matched all six numbers which meant that the ‘Will be Won’ mechanism wasn’t required tonight.
"We are now asking all of our players to check their tickets very carefully to see if they are in possession of the golden ticket.
"If they are the lucky winner, we encourage them to sign the back of the ticket immediately and contact our prize claims team on 1800 666 222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will make arrangements for you to collect your prize.”
“Tonight also proved to be a big night for 149 players who benefited from the boosted prize fund to the Match 5 + Bonus prize tier.
"As the Lotto jackpot was capped at €19,060,800, the funds that would usually go to the jackpot flowed down to the next prize tier with a winner and in tonight’s draw, the was the Match 5 + Bonus prize tier.”
- Superyacht carrying 8,000 litres of fuel sinks after going up in flames in UK
- British soldier based in barracks in Co Antrim convicted of sexually assaulting a woman
- Notorious Limerick criminal Vincent Collopy due in court over major drugs seizure
- Ray Liotta's fiancée says he was 'her world' in heartfelt tribute on Instagram
- Conor McGregor grins for camera with Michael Schumacher's son ahead of Monaco Grand Prix
- Horse racing legend Lester Piggott dead, aged 86
- Liverpool demand investigation after fans tear gassed at Champions League final
- Tell family where missing woman Sandra Collins is buried — retired garda pleas
- Daughter of refugee hit by Derek Hutch's motorbike asks for prayers for injured mum
- Dublin influencer Jess Brennan hosts first event since infamous Berlin bar brunch