bust One man (60s) arrested after €700,000 of suspected heroin seized in Co Clare
The man remains in Garda custody where he can be detained for up to seven days
Gardaí have seized €700,000 worth of suspected heroin in Clare as part of Operation Tara.
The searches were led by the Limerick Divisional Drugs Unit assisted by local Garda units, the Regional Dog Unit and members of the Defence Forces.
The man is currently being held in custody at Henry Street Garda station under Section 2 of the Criminal Justice (Drugs Trafficking) Act, 1996.
He can be held for up to seven days.
Investigations are ongoing and the drugs will be forwarded to FSI for analysis.
This seizure forms part of Operation Tara; an enhanced national anti-drugs strategy, which was launched by Garda Commissioner Drew Harris on 2nd July 2021.
The focus of Operation Tara is to disrupt, dismantle and prosecute drug trafficking networks, at all levels - international, national, local - involved in the importation, distribution, cultivation, production, local sale and supply of controlled drugs.
Mum of Estlin Wall (3) killed in crash 'in shock' after driver applied to have road ban lifted early
THE mother of a little girl killed in a car accident, caused by a truck driver's ‘crazy manoeuvre’, has spoken of her horror after learning he entered an application to have his licence restored – two years early.
- Istanbul champions Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke arrive home to hero's welcome
- Locals remain in fear as vigil for murdered mum Lisa Thompson is held in Ballymun
- Three men quizzed by detectives following major drug seizure in East Belfast
- Saoirse Ronan is back in black for Cannes red carpet with boyfriend Jack Lowden
- Police take down gang that had smuggled drugs into Ireland hidden in Leen Bakker furniture
- 5 things we learned from Sunday’s Premier League action
- Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger welcome second daughter
- My players are legends, says Pep Guardiola after Manchester City’s title success
- Andrea Radrizzani looks forward with Jesse Marsch after Leeds retain PL status
- Oleksandr Zinchenko gives heartfelt thanks for support