Tragedy Man in his 80s dies in Dublin beach incident
Emergency services attended the scene after the man got into trouble in the water
A man has died following an incident on a beach in Dublin this morning.
The man, aged in his 80s, received treatment at the scene and was taken to St Vincent’s Hospital where he later died.
A garda spokesperson said gardaí and emergency services attended an incident after a man got into difficulty in the water at Killiney Beach in Dublin earlier this morning.
Dublin Coast Guard said it was alerted to the incident this morning.
A spokesperson said: "The helicopter rescue 116 landed on the beach, the man was then taken away by road ambulance and brought to St Vincent’s Hospital.”
More to follow
- 'GPO Girl' says she has no memory of pretending to be teen victim of sex assault
- Gardaí release final man arrested in probe into alleged League of Ireland match-fixing
- Cartel WAG caught with €100k in drugs cash is partner of Kinahan trafficker
- Great-grandmother (86) left without clothes or even hearing aids after house fire
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship