road tragedy Man (20s) killed in road crash in Slane, Co Meath
The driver was in a car that crashed on the L5068 at Knockmahon at 10.30pm. He was treated at the scene by paramedics but died later.
A man in his 20s has died in a tragic road accident in Slane, Co Meath.
The driver was in a car that crashed on the L5068 at Knockcommon at 10.30pm. He was treated at the scene by paramedics but died later.
He was the only person in the vehicle and no other injuries were reported.
His body was later removed to the mortuary at Navan Hospital where a post-mortem will take place.
The L5068 (just off the N2) remains closed this morning to allow for a technical examination of the scene by Forensic Collision Investigators. Local diversions are in place.
Gardaí have appealed for witnesses to come forward and any road users with video footage (including dash cam) are asked to make this available.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Navan Garda Station 046 9036100 or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111.
- Video captures shocking moment Brinks van transporting money catches fire on the N11
- Shocking video shows girl (15) attacked and beaten by middle-aged woman in Dublin
- Drunken Irish driver jailed for least 15 years after crashing into car full of schoolgirls in US
- Man pleads guilty to public sex act in M&S toilet
- Former chief of Daniel Kinahan's MTK Global to be awarded top boxing honour
- What time, channel, team news and all you need to know about Man City v Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp with a warning to Man City as Premier League title race reaches conclusion
- Tennis plunged into civil war as ranking points are stripped from Wimbledon over Russia ban
- Fernandinho ‘really proud’ of achievements as he prepares for City swansong
- No hangover next season if Arsenal miss out on Champions League – Mikel Arteta