Garda probe Gardaí launch criminal investigation after coach is suspended from Dublin pool
The sports body said its priority is to offer appropriate support
Gardai have confirmed that they have commenced a criminal investigation after a coach was suspended from a Dublin pool.
The governing body of Swim Ireland has said that it was cooperating with gardaí after the matter was raised with their National Children's Officer.
The sports body said all relevant protocols are active, and its priority is to offer appropriate support and to cooperate with the Garda investigation.
Gardai said that “following a report from Swim Ireland in February 2022, An Garda Síochána commenced a criminal investigation”.
“We have no further comment to make at this time,” gardai added.
The coach has been suspended as the matter is investigated by gardaí.
- Three men quizzed by detectives following major drug seizure in East Belfast
- Saoirse Ronan is back in black for Cannes red carpet with boyfriend Jack Lowden
- Police take down gang that had smuggled drugs into Ireland hidden in Leen Bakker furniture
- Irish soccer heroes presented with medals by President Michael D Higgins on Late Late Show
- Revealed: Face of Irishman jailed in UK for raping woman he met on Plenty of Fish
- Irish climber nearing top of Everest says his mum’s death made him follow his passion
- Derry Girls and Peaky Blinders star joins tens of thousands on Irish language rights protest
- Scottish drug trafficker used help of former cop to smuggle €8m worth drugs into Ireland
- Mother claims ‘I had to take matters into my own hands’ after accusing man of abusing son
- Downton Abbey's Maggie Smith and Ozark's Laura Linney spotted filming new movie in Dublin