do not eat Aldi recall batch of chicken goujons over presence of Salmonella
Aldi stores supplied with the implicated batch have issued in-store re-call notices.
Aldi have recalled a batch of chicken goujons over the presence of Salmonella.
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland has issued a notice relating to the batch of 400g Roosters Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Fillet Goujons.
“A batch of Roosters Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Fillet Goujons is being recalled due to the presence of Salmonella,” the notice states.
Further to this, Aldi stores supplied with the implicated batch have issued in-store re-call notices.
The batch in question is ;211216, 16:00:00, 16.12.2021’ with a best before date of 16.12.2022.
Consumers are advised not to eat the implicated batch.
People infected with Salmonella typically develop symptoms between 12 and 36 hours after infection, but this can range between 6 and 72 hours.
The most common symptom is diarrhoea, which can sometimes be bloody. Other symptoms may include fever, headache and abdominal cramps.
The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days. Diarrhoea can occasionally be severe enough to require hospital admission.
The elderly, infants, and those with impaired immune systems are more likely to have a severe illness.
- Taoiseach Micheál Martin left stranded in Brussels after Air Corps plane broke down
- Liverpool keep quadruple dream alive with FA Cup penalty shootout win over Chelsea
- Two men arrested in Dublin shooting had been travelling with victim during attack
- Top talent lined up for Rap Against Homelessness gig in Limerick
- Conor McGregor in 'mourning' with the people of the UAE following president's death
- Johnny Depp fulfilling promise that Amber Heard ‘will never see his eyes again’
- Liverpool without Mohamed Salah and Virgil Van Dijk for crunch Saints clash
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Newcastle victory dents Arsenal’s hopes of Champions League spot
- Woman found not guilty of murdering her husband after night out in Wexford