sex talk Ask Dr Angela: My husband wants to try sex on new carpet but I'm worried it will burn
Open-minded and practical, Dr Angela Brokmann has answered the nation's sex problems for 18 years. Here, she answers your dilemmas.
My husband (35) bought a fluffy new carpet for our bedroom. It looks good and it feels great under my bare feet. There is one problem though: my husband wants to make love on the new carpet, and I don't want to play along.
I had sex on a carpet like that not so long ago, and it left me with painful abrasions on both knees. I can't tell my husband because I was cheating on him with my fling that day. Is there a position where I wouldn't get hurt? Maybe I should just lie on my back and let my husband get on top? Or is there a better position for this?
Not really, unless you go for a standing-up position, and I'm sure that's not what your husband has in mind. Whatever position you choose, passionate sex on a carpet is likely to leave you with friction burn, especially if your carpet is made from a synthetic material.
To save your own skin, lie on top of your husband to make love, with only your palms on the ground. To be fair to your husband though, you should warn him about the risk of carpet burn; just mention it without explaining where your knowledge comes from.
- Have you got a dilemma? Get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the Sunday World app
- Mandatory hotel quarantine signed into law by President Higgins
- Taoiseach hails major milestone as Ireland reaches half a million Covid-19 vaccinations
- Dublin actress Aisling Franciosi lands leading role in movie alongside Russell Crowe
- RTE 2FM star Lottie Ryan reveals gender of her baby as she shares special sonogram pic
- Richard Dunne Opinion United have made some progress, but to catch up with City there needs to be a massive change in mentality
- Harry Kane and Gareth Bale at the double as Tottenham hit four past Palace
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails Manchester Unitedâ€™s workrate in derby win over City
- Former Miss Ireland Aoife Walsh reveals she is pregnant with her first baby
- Roisin Gorman Opinion It's hard to feel too sorry for Kim Kardashian when she's already planning her next reality show
- 5 things we learned from the weekendâ€™s Premier League action