'stealthing' Woman in Germany handed six month sentence for stealing sperm from ‘friend with benefits’
The woman poked holes in her lover's condoms in a bid to get pregnant
A woman in Germany has been handed down a six month suspended jail term for stealing sperm.
The 39-year-old was initially being charged with rape, before the charges were reduced to sexual assault.
It came after the woman interfered with her lover’s condoms, without his consent, in a bid to get pregnant.
Local newspaper Bild reported that she poked holes in the condoms in the man’s nightstand as part of her plot.
The woman was described as having a “friends with benefits” style relationship with the 42-year-old victim, meeting up regularly for sex after meeting online at the beginning of 2021.
While the woman did not get pregnant, she sent the man a text message on WhatsApp telling him that she thought she was pregnant and admitted to interfering with condoms.
When the man filed a report, the court acknowledged a crime had been committed but were unsure of what charges to bring.
After investigating whether or not the crime constituted rape, the judge decided upon the charge of sexual assault after reading about stealthing while reviewing case law.
Judge Astrid Salewski said on Wednesday: “We have written legal history here today.”
The court in Bielefeld, North Rhine-Westphalia, heard how sabotaging a condom, known as stealthing, usually involves a man removing a condom during sex with out his partner’s permission.
"This provision also applies in the reverse case. The condoms were rendered unusable without the man's knowledge or his consent," Salewski said in her decision.
"No means no here as well," she added.
Josh Dunne death: Trial of deliveryman accused of schoolboy murder opens
The issue of self-defence may have to be considered in the murder trial of a delivery cyclist accused of fatally stabbing schoolboy Josh Dunne following "a stand-off" over a stolen bicycle, the State has told the Central Criminal Court jury.
- EU Commissioner vows to seize Kinahan cartel assets at launch of new anti-gang plan
- Author of 'How To Murder Your Husband' found guilty of killing her spouse
- Godfather Christy Kinahan's ex-wife who married serial killer after divorce passes away
- Irish among 43 arrested as Spanish cops blow open major drug trafficking operation
- Police arrest last key member of Dutch crime lord Ridouan Taghi’s gang in Montenegro
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Don McLean pulls out of NRA concert following Texas school shooting
- Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey charged with four sexual assaults
- Fine Gael Senator accused of assault says man attacked him 'like a boxer', court told
- George Nkencho’s relatives sue Garda Commissioner over impact of fatal shooting