| 4.3°C Dublin

BOUNTY Porn fugitive wanted for forcing women to take part in sex videos

New Zealand national Pratt faces child pornography and trafficking charges

Close

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

/

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

THE hunt is on for a man accused of coercing young women into making porn movies as the FBI this week put a $50,000 bounty on his head.

Michael James Pratt, who is known to travel widely across Europe, is alleged to have been one of the lead recruiters for the firm which grossed millions of dollars between 2013 and 2017.

Other co-conspirators have all been arrested or already appeared in court while another recruiter Ruben Garcia was last year sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Garcia admitted that he and Pratt were the lead recruiters for two pornographic websites GirlsDoPorn and GirlsDoToys.

They set out to persuade women aged between 18- to 20 to film sexually explicit videos who initially thought they were applying for modelling work.

Close

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

Michael James Pratt. Photo: FBI

The women were promised the videos would not be posted online and they would be paid between $3,000 and $5,000 dollars for 30-minute shoots.

Instead the filming sessions lasted hours, doors blocked with camera equipment and women who asked to stop were threatened with being sued for breach of contract.

“The sex for the video shoots was rough and caused many victims pain, and in some cases bleeding. Some victims asked to stop filming,” according to an FBI statement.

“In response, Garcia and others told the victims that they had to continue and finish the videos. Victims were also often paid significantly less than originally promised with Garcia and others citing a tattoo, a mole, or some other perceived 'imperfection' to pay the victim less.”

Once the videos were posted online many victims contacted Garcia and his co-conspirators seeking to get their videos taken off the websites. The victims’ calls were blocked or ignored.

Special Agent William McNamara of the FBI’s San Diego Field Office, which is investigating the case said they believe Pratt “is likely still victimising others.”

“And that’s why we feel it’s important to get him off the street."

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

Among those charged were the websites’ cameraman and bookkeeper, who each pleaded guilty to trafficking charges earlier this year.

The charges against Pratt, a New Zealand national, include production of child pornography and sex trafficking by force, fraud, and coercion.

Pratt’s alleged co-owner, Matthew Isaac Wolfe, is awaiting trial in San Diego.

“We know there are people that are helping Pratt,” said McNamara. “The hope for this campaign is somebody sees him, knows him, recognises him, and contacts law enforcement.”

If you have information concerning this case, please contact the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. You can also submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov.

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices


Privacy