tragic case FBI find Gabby Petito’s boyfriend Brian Laundrie responsible for her murder
The body of the 22-year-old was found in September after her family reported her missing
The FBI have announced that they have found Gabby Petito’s boyfriend Brian Laundrie responsible for her murder.
The 22-year-old blogger was reported missing by her family on September 12th 2021 after failing to return home from a cross-country trip with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie .
Her body was found at Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming one week later on September 19th.
A post-mortem found that the tragic young victim died of blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.
The FBI have now released their “final investigative” update on the case in which they confirmed that her partner Brian was responsible for the murder.
Brian was reported missing by his parents on September 17th, two days after his car was recovered at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park in Florida.
On October 20th, his body was found at the same location in which his car was discovered.
An investigation into his manner of death found he died by suicide.
A notebook found with his body revealed written statements by Laundrie claiming responsibility for girlfriend’s murder.
The FBI’s investigation into Gabby’s tragic passing found that after her death, Brian sent text messages between his phone and Gabby’s phone to make it seem like she was still alive.
He also used her debit card, without her permission between August 30th and September 1st on his drive back to Florida from Wyoming.
“All logical investigative steps have been concluded in this case,” said FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider.
“The investigation did not identify any other individuals other than Brian Laundrie directly involved in the tragic death of Gabby Petito.”
A spokesperson for the FBI said in a statement: “The FBI opened its investigation into the disappearance of Ms. Petito on September 12, 2021, upon receiving reports from Gabby’s family that Ms. Petito was missing.
“The FBI, working with federal, state and local officials, organised a search of a remote area within the Grand Teton National Park and the Bridger-Teton National Forest.
“On September 19, 2021, the search team located the remains of Ms. Petito at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area near where she and Brian Laundrie had been seen together.
“Ms. Petito was found approximately three weeks after her last known communication. The Teton County Coroner’s Office subsequently concluded Ms. Petito died of “blunt-force injuries to the head and neck, with manual strangulation.
“While law enforcement investigated all logical leads, the investigation quickly focused on the last person believed to see her alive, Mr. Laundrie.”
If you have been affected by the issues raised in this article, please contact the Samaritans on 116123; Pieta House on 1800 247 247; or text HELLO to 50808, a free 24/7 text support service for people going through a mental health or emotional crisis.
Man left prisoner in own home after 'stomach-churning' knife attack in Longford three years ago
A man who sustained multiple stab wounds in a "brutal and stomach-churning" feud related attack in Longford town three years ago has told of how the incident has effectively left him a prisoner in his own home.
- Crime World Long Read: Thomas 'Bomber' Kavanagh - from low-level dealer to Ireland's most-feared mob boss (Part 2)
- Man hoped to make boss 'proud' by smuggling two tons of cocaine but is jailed for 18 years
- Spanish cops probe if Irish passenger in 180km/h car chase may have been imitating video game
- Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey charged with four sexual assaults in the UK
- EU Commissioner vows to seize Kinahan cartel assets at launch of new anti-gang plan
- Dubliner Dermot Kennedy misses home while touring but will never Facetime his mammy
- Ukranian woman fights for life after road crash involving killer Derek 'Del Boy' Hutch
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's three Dublin shows sell out within minutes
- Horror video shows two teens being attacked by gang of youths in Offaly housing estate
- Dear Evan Hansen announces date of final West End performance