Court appearance Australian school teacher (28) charged with grooming child for sexual activity
Ammy Singleton (28) appeared in court on Wednesday
An Australian school teacher has been charged with grooming a child for sexual activity.
28-year-old Ammy Singleton was arrested in Port Augusta, South Australia on December 23rd 2021.
She appeared in court on Wednesday charged with communicating with a child for the purpose of making the child amenable to sexual activity.
The prosecutor told the Port Augusta Magistrates Court that they needed a further 12 weeks to meet with the alleged victim and his family, and to gather and analyse electronic evidence.
Her bail conditions prevent her from engaging in any further child related work.
Singleton is due before the court again on July 20th.
Court documents allege the incident occurred in November 2021.
In a letter the principal of Port Augusta West Primary School told parents that the woman worked as a relief teacher for one day in July 2020 and the charges brought were not related to any students at the school.
“Police have advised the Department for Education they do not have any objections to the department informing the school community,” the letter read.
“This incident does not involve any students at our school and the information available to the school suggests there is no need for any concern for any children at our school.”
The principle also asked parents not to distribute the letter or post it online as the school was providing this information “in confidence because you have a child at our school”.
“Ms Singleton has bail conditions that prevent her from engaging in any child-related work,” the letter continued.
“I understand this is distressing information. If you have any concerns about the safety and welfare of your child, please feel free to contact me directly at the school.”
Michael Barr died of 'catastrophic' brain injuries after being shot five times in the head, court told
Dissident Republican Michael Barr died of "catastrophic" brain injuries after being shot five times in the head at a north inner-city Dublin pub, a murder trial at the Special Criminal Court has been told.
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Drunken Irish driver jailed for least 15 years after crashing into car full of schoolgirls in US
- 'GPO Girl' says she has no memory of pretending to be teen victim of sex assault
- Clever driver steals her Land Rover back from thieves using GPS tracker
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- Rory McIlroy is bullish about ‘great position’ despite slow Friday: ‘There’s a lot of golf to play’
- Pep Guardiola tells Manchester City stars to ‘just focus on the football game’
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says 'Three cup finals and title push should not be possible in one term'
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey
- Man (43) found with five fake driving licences in his name given probation