Witness plea Woman rushed to hospital following hit and run in Glasnevin, Dublin
"Gardaí at Ballymun are appealing for any witnesses to this collision to come forward"
Gardaí are hunting a driver who fled the scene of an accident, which left a woman injured in hospital in Dublin last night.
The female pedestrian was hit by a car at approximately 7.40pm on the Ballymun Road in Glasnevin, and rushed to hospital.
The vehicle failed to remain at the scene and gardaí have now issued an appeal for information.
“Gardaí at Ballymun are appealing for any witnesses to this collision to come forward,” they said.
“Any road users who may have camera footage (including dash-cam) and were travelling in the Ballymun Road area at this time are asked to make this footage available to investigating gardaí."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ballymun Garda Station on 01 666 4400, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any Garda Station.
Meanwhile, the road has since reopened following a technical examination.
- Man (43) found with five fake driving licences in his name given probation
- Convicted murderer at 'low ebb' told garda he was worse than the 'Russians' and to ‘f**k off’
- Woman who slapped bouncer in 'split-second reaction' at club told cops 'There's real crime out there'
- Motorist who drove uninsured due to 'genuine threats to his life' jailed for four months
- Episode 109 - The brutal murder of Emer O'Loughlin in a mobile home in Galway
- Tributes pour in for prominent farmer tragically killed in crash on M8 motorway
- Rory McIlroy is bullish about ‘great position’ despite slow Friday: ‘There’s a lot of golf to play’
- Pep Guardiola tells Manchester City stars to ‘just focus on the football game’
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says 'Three cup finals and title push should not be possible in one term'
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey