| 6.5°C Dublin

Video nasty Women threatened with having hands cut off in revenge for alleged blade attack

Despite arrests by armed police in recent weeks, tensions continue in the feud between the UK and Ireland-based Mountbellew Wards and Joyce clans

Close

 A chilling threat to the Wards by masked man with a machete.

A chilling threat to the Wards by masked man with a machete.

A chilling threat to the Wards by masked man with a machete.

Female members of an Irish clan have been threatened with having their hands cut off in revenge for an attack on a house in which a woman suffered a slash wound to her arm.

Despite arrests by armed police in recent weeks, tensions continue in the feud between the UK and Ireland-based Mountbellew Wards and Joyce clans.

The sinister threats, delivered on a video showing a Samurai-style sword on a wall, came in the last few days, following an ­alleged attack on a house in which a woman was injured with a blade.

Photographs of the woman's injuries were posted on social media pages this week.

Close

A photo on social media showing how women are being targeted

A photo on social media showing how women are being targeted

A photo on social media showing how women are being targeted

Speaking with a Mancunian accent, a man threatens revenge attacks in response to the latest clash and warns the rivals' women to disguise themselves in a Muslim style chador.

"You are f****d for what you've done, what goes around comes around," he says.

"Youse folks, I'm telling your beoirs [women] to dress up like Pakistanis because they are getting targeted now as well, because that's how it's going now, you smelly tramp."

"Your beoirs are going to lose their hands."

The aggressor dismissed the Joyce men as "30 crackheads" and in a follow-up, ill-tempered phone conversation, posted online, he accused members of the Joyce clan of being police informants.

Close

Ward clan warning to Joyce with crowd of sinister men in support.

Ward clan warning to Joyce with crowd of sinister men in support.

Ward clan warning to Joyce with crowd of sinister men in support.

The series of tit-for-tat videos have been posted over the last few weeks and recent ones include a masked man wielding a huge machete while threatening the Wards.

Sunday World Newsletter

Sign up for the latest news and updates

This field is required This field is required

Another video emerged this week in which two men are seen smashing up windows and doors of a house with shovels.

Last week, the Sunday World revealed how armed police swooped to arrest Thomas Joyce amid dramatic scenes.

Joyce is seen on the ground being handcuffed by officers holding sub-machine guns before being lifted to his feet as he grins for the camera.

Video footage shared on social media showed the armed cops arresting the 44-year-old at a Manchester address two weeks ago. The rival groups had previously squared up to each other near the city centre before they were dispersed by police.

Many of the goading videos have been made in Ireland, where groups have promised to lend their support in the feud.

Close

Video of doors and windows being smashed with shovels.

Video of doors and windows being smashed with shovels.

Video of doors and windows being smashed with shovels.

They have included large gatherings of men in shows of strength as threats are made to the Joyce clan, which is based in the north of England city.

Joyce had previously claimed he was going kick the Mountbellew Wards out of ­Manchester, and had even threatened to disinter graves.

"I swear on my mother's grave that every breed of a Mountbellew Ward is going out of Manchester and I'll dig your dead up and send them with you," he said.

The recent threats of violence saw a large police operation in Manchester in response, culminating in the armed police operation and an increase in patrols.

Assistant Chief Constable Nicky Porter, of Greater Manchester Police, previously appealed for calm from both sides which so far appear to have been ignored.

With both sides ramping up the rhetoric there are fears more attacks could lead to serious injury and even death, according to Sunday World sources.

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices


Top Videos





Privacy