Shocking Woman escapes with minor injuries after alleged assault while out walking in Kilkenny
A Garda helicopter has been deployed as part of efforts to track down the suspect
Gardaí are currently carrying out searches after a teenage girl was allegedly assaulted while out walking in Kilkenny.
The incident occurred shortly before lunchtime in the Johnstown area in the north of the county.
It's understood that the victim, aged in her late teens, was allegedly assaulted before the suspect fled the scene.
The teenager's physical injuries have been described as minor at this stage.
Gardaí are carrying out searches in the area as part of their inquiries and a Garda helicopter has been deployed.
A Garda spokesman said they are responding to a report in the area but could not confirm the exact nature of the alleged incident at this time.
A Garda spokesperson said: “An Garda Síochána are currently responding to a report in Johnstown, Co. Kilkenny, which occurred shortly before lunch time. At this very early stage An Garda Síochána cannot confirm the exact nature of any alleged incident.
"An Garda Síochána will provide clarification as soon as we are able to do so."
More to follow...
- Episode 108 - How the Prison Services are controlling Ireland's most notorious criminals
- CAB to sell digger and car in case against crime gang brothers jailed for ATM robberies
- Dublin man who robbed same pharmacy twice in four months jailed for four years
- Belfast man who raped woman he met on Tinder in her home handed seven-year sentence
- Man who gave murdered mum Lisa Thompson's driver licence to gardaí comes forward
- Met Éireann predicts sunny spells for many counties with sizzling 17C highs
- Lawyers due to make closing arguments in ‘Wagatha Christie’ libel battle
- CAB case against Kinahan cartel lieutenant Ross Browning to be heard in October
- Two Green TDs suspended for backing Sinn Féin motion on National Maternity Hospital
- Jurgen Klopp has ‘no reason to talk’ to Steven Gerrard before thrilling title climax