Belfast stabbing Woman arrested in murder investigation after man stabbed to death in West Belfast
A woman is in custody awaiting enquiries
A woman has been arrested as part of a murder investigation after a man was stabbed in west Belfast just before midnight on Tuesday.
The PSNI and ambulance service were called to a house on Filbert Drive area in Dunmurry.
A man was pronounced dead at the scene and a woman is in custody awaiting enquiries, according to police.
A large police presence remained at the terrace property in the quiet cul-de-sac overnight as forensics officers arrived at the scene.
Our detectives have launched a murder investigation following a stabbing incident in west Belfast on Tuesday night. pic.twitter.com/4fr413MUBf— Police Service NI (@PoliceServiceNI) March 2, 2022
Detective Chief Inspector John Caldwell said: “We received a report, just before 11.50pm, that a man had been stabbed at a property in the Filbert Drive area of west Belfast.
“Officers attended, along with colleagues from the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service.
“Sadly, a man was pronounced dead a short time later.
“A woman has been arrested and is currently in custody assisting with our enquiries.
“Our enquiries are at any early stage. However, I would appeal to anyone with information about this incident to contact us on 101 quoting reference number 1950 of 01/03/22.”
- Sicko who sent 150 vile, pornographic emails to colleague blames 'cultural differences'
- Local criminal arrested as part of probe into suspected murder of 'Christy' Hall
- Gardaí investigate alleged sexual assault of teenage girl in Limerick
- Minister for Sport says Kinahan cartel is 'toxic force' in pro boxing world
- Son of murdered INLA chief Dominic 'Mad Dog' McGlinchey goes to court over inquest documents
- Johnny Depp fulfilling promise that Amber Heard ‘will never see his eyes again’
- Liverpool without Mohamed Salah and Virgil Van Dijk for crunch Saints clash
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Newcastle victory dents Arsenal’s hopes of Champions League spot
- Woman found not guilty of murdering her husband after night out in Wexford