Fatal Shooting Woman (30s) arrested in connection with Michael Tormey murder
Michael Tormey (49) was shot dead in the front garden of his home on Thomond Road, Ballyfermot, just after 4.30am on Sunday, January 9th.
Gardaí have arrested a woman over the fatal shooting of a man in Ballyfermot, Dublin earlier this year.
Michael Tormey (49), a married father-of-three, was shot dead in the front garden of his home on Thomond Road, Ballyfermot, just after 4.30am on Sunday, January 9th.
The woman, aged in her early 30s, is currently being detained at Clondalkin Garda Station.
A garda spokesperson said: “A woman in her early 30s has been arrested as part of the investigation into the fatal shooting of a man in his 40s that occurred at a residence in the Thomond Road area of Ballyfermot, County Dublin on Sunday, 9th January, 2022.
“The woman is currently being detained at Clondalkin Garda Station under Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act, 1939.
“Investigations are ongoing.”
A man who had been charged with Mr Tormey’s murder was released on bail last month.
Christopher Devine (40) of Convent Lawns, Ballyfermot, was charged with his murder and was remanded in custody following a district court appearance on January 19th.
However, the High Court granted bail in February and Mr Devine is due to appear before the district court again on April 6th.
- Four arrested and firearm recovered after gardaí raid properties in Finglas, Dublin
- Revealed: Face of neighbour-from-hell jailed for 66 months for terrorising housing estate
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- Video captures shocking Kerry assault as youth repeatedly kicked in head while on ground
- EU Commissioner vows to seize Kinahan cartel assets at launch of new anti-gang plan
- Man hoped to make boss 'proud' by smuggling two tons of cocaine but is jailed for 18 years
- Goodfellas star Ray Liotta dies aged 67, reports say
- Galway hurler Jack Grealish handed two-year ban for driving without insurance
- Spanish cops probe if Irish passenger in 180km/h car chase may have been imitating video game
- The 10 best celeb insults after Rebekah Vardy compared Coleen Rooney to pigeon